Wednesday 3 May 2017

The Price of Freedom





we search for answers that can never be found,
we search for something to give us hope,
but the search will never be easy.

a loose cannon stuck between two mindsets,
people who hold dear their ways
and people who search.
but to a pack member 
their flock is more important.

Their herd is to be protected,
God forbid you wonder,
Lord forbid you loose you way,
distracted by love that isn’t written,

the love that was meant to be reflected from a deity
is that the love you speak of?
the reason you share,
the reason we laugh,
the reason we love.

you cant break something already broken,
you can’t reach a heart distant from you

…unless that heart reaches back…

only to be threatened once more by
the very thing that he let go.

her life is not her own
to him he belongs
she gave herself away

she gives herself away, repeatedly
to the only man not able to physically hold her

to be used, by him. 

her allegiance held ransom for
assurance of life,

unaware of the many wonders in this one life that she owns.

I digress

It’s not negative, 
because i gave myself to him too once,

my talent, my time,
my sanity, my friends, 
my family….

I signed a deal with a saviour 

and the price for the release of my contract
weighs heavy.
I wanted my all back,

unfortunately I gave that all away.

i wish i had read the fine print,

 ‘If you want out, then you become my enemy.
you’re now an outcast,
you’re now seen as ignorant
and you have no knowledge of what love is.’

Freedom has a price.

No one knows what love is…

So just love.



¿v

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice.